Sunday, August 24, 2008

Important post-surgical discoveries

During my recovery from surgery, I have discovered many important things....

* I do a lot of things left-handed, even though I am right-handed. Next time you brush your teeth or squeeze a bottle of shampoo, you'll realize that you too are ambidextrious.

* While I normally hate to take painkillers, I finally realized a few days ago that it's ok too still be taking them a week after a surgical procedure. I much prefer being awakened at 6:30am by my alarm clock, than at 3am by the throbbing pain in my hand.

* A pint of Ben & Jerry's works wonders as an ice pack for the inside of your hand. It fits perfectly, cools down the pain, and soothes you, both inside and out.

(By the way, I highly recommend their new flavor - Imagine Whirled Peace -- it's a mixture of caramel and sweet cream ice creams mixed with fudge peace signs and toffee cookies...yummm!!!)

No comments: