Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacation Day 1: 40 miles per gallon. Cool.

Day one is in the books. I left around 9(ish) this morning, and after a few quick stops, arrived in Medford around 3:30 this afternoon. That part of the drive is pretty boring, so there wasn't a lot to look at, so I just threw in some CD's and cruised along while singing as loud as I could. I am the next American Idol. As long as the competition is held in a car. ;)

(A side note: For you drivers out there, keep your car maintenance up to date. I got my tires rotated last week, and my mileage since then has been about 40 mpg (compared to about 33 mpg before the rotation). Cool.....)

Once I arrived here, I found John and Olga at the house, with Katrina still firmly inside, with apparently no intention of coming out anytime soon. We've tried (semi-spicy) chinese food, we went to an action movie (Die Hard 4 rocks), but alas, nothing. Walking, chocolate, nothin'. I guess we'll just keep waiting.....

No comments: