Sunday, June 01, 2008

First stop....Frankfurt



I arrived in Frankfurt a couple hours ago. The flight was relatively uneventful, except for the 40 minute delay (first we were delayed twenty minutes in boarding because the cleaning crew was taking too long....then we were delayed in taking off because there weren't enough meals for everyone on the flight. Once we were finally airborne, I watched one movie, ate my dinner, and read three pages of my book before falling asleep somewhere over Canada. (By the way, if you ever take a flight on the last day of the month, good luck with the movies....the movies were the June ones, but the programming guide was the May one, so no one could figure out what channel was showing what movie...)

It's 17:53 here, which means it's still daylight and warm (about 25 degrees celsius). I'm going to go wander around until I can find dinner, and then head back to my hotel to read another three pages before I fall asleep again. :)

2 comments:

Ich bin ein Bühler said...

Please tell Frankfurt and the rest of Germany Guten Tach from me! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Shawn Dubiago, Professor said...

Hey Jenny,

Greetings from Berkeley!

Great to hear you've arrived in Frankfurt, after a mostly uneventful flight - - although the no-up-to-date TV-guide must have been a major bummer :)

Keep us posted. Have fun. -Phil