The morning started well, by visiting old coworkers and friends on the UO campus, and then heading down I-5 for a few hours until I arrived in Medford around 1pm. I must say, Katrina sleeps quite well for a three-day-old baby. She had just gone to sleep when I arrived, and was pretty much asleep for a couple hours, until waking around 3 for a bit of social time, and then going back to sleep at 5 for another few hours. She woke up at 8ish, in time to see Barry Bonds hit his 756th homerun (ok, she didn't see it, but she heard us all discussing it), and as I left the house at 9, she was being changed into her nightclothes in order to get one last feeding before going to bed. I was there for more or less 8 hours; she screamed not once, she cried maybe a couple times, and other than that, she was very quiet and happy. She did have a bout with the hiccups for a bit, but other than that, she was fine. Every once in a while she'd make a little chirping noise, just to see who was around. Now of course that I've said all of that, I'm sure she'll be up all night crying and screaming and keeping everyone awake. Sorry for jinxing it. ;)
Here's a picture of us. I'm not quite sure why she's staring at me like that. Perhaps because I told her that I wanted to steal her purple socks. Little does she realize that those won't fit her for very long.
2 comments:
Well OF COURSE she woke up for a new home run record! She's part of your family! *rolleyes*
She probably also didn't realize that you weren't kidding about stealing her socks. :)
she's so cute and tiny! and jenny, you look so tan! maybe i need to visit washington and vancouver... oh wait, i am. :p
Post a Comment