Today was a short day. Short by distance, long by everything else. I started off the day in Portland at my sister's house, and had some time to kill before going to meet an old friend for lunch, so I wandered around town, did some window shopping, hung out until it was time to go to Lake Oswego to meet Malia. Malia and I are old buddies from college at Oregon. (This is a different Malia than the one I met in Seattle earlier in the trip....)
After lunch and the requisite wandering around, I hit the road again, this time stopping in Woodburn at the outlet stores, where I found a fantastic deal on a new pair of shoes -- brand new, normally $80/pair, and I got them for $19.99! And no sales tax!! Wahoo!!!!!! I also got some other stuff (don't worry work, I'll be bringing in cookies on Monday) and eventually continued on down the road.
In Eugene, I stopped by the campus bookstore to poke around and see what new stuff they had there. I got myself a new soccer ball (it's shiny silver and green) and a t-shirt, and then went and had dinner with Sean. Afterwards, I headed up to the student union for a memorial service.
As I've mentioned before on this blog, someone important to me passed away a few weeks ago. The campus organized a very well attended memorial service in her honor last night, and when I found out it was going to be the same time I was in town, I knew I had to be there. I'm glad I went. It gave me the opportunity to tell her family what I had never been able to tell her. It gave me a chance to say goodbye. And it reminded me of how many lives she had touched, and how greatly she will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment